8th Grade Music Rotation - Popular Music Exploratory
The 8th Grade music rotation is an exploratory and introduction to the basics of popular music genres and styles, including rock-and-roll, rap, pop, and more.
- Learn the history of each genre and style of music
- Learn basics of harmony, melody, and rhythm and how they are used within these music genres
- Further study the music styles and artists that interest them (music that students select to study will follow strict school guidelines for appropriate lyrics)
- Learn how to use basic music technology through several online music creation tools and will have the opportunity to write their own song or mix their own music track using this technology
Schedule - 3rd period, once every 6 rotation days.
Grading & general outline of class
- Assignments and "class work" will be both in class and on CANVAS - varying points per assignment
- quizzes/tests (every few weeks)
- projects (a couple times a year)
- View the online resources link to the left (mobile users go to "pages" and "resources")
- We will use several online sites and apps to listen to and make music in the class