Harry K. Sickler, Jr.
Harry K. Sicker graduated from Tyrone High School in 1948. During his high school year, Harry was a member of the Tyrone Area High School Football Team and was selected to the First Team of the All-Central Counties Team as a center. After high school Harry attended the University of Notre Dame where he graduated cum laude in 1953 with a major in accounting. Following graduation from Notre Dame, Harry proudly served in the Marines until he was honorably discharged in 1955. Upon his discharge from the Marines, Harry went to work for Price Waterhouse & Co. in Los Angeles. He left the group in 1958 to enter a partnership with his cousin, Oliver Schell. He currently is the senior partner in the Harry K. Sickler Associates CPA firm in Tyrone. In 1953, Harry married Dolores Trimble and they have six children- Linda Marie, Colleen, Mary Suzanne, Deborah, Tim, and the late Harry K. III. Harry’s primary social interest is his addiction to all kinds of sports, particularly, high-school sports. Harry has had a hand in numerous community organizations. He was the founder of the Tyrone Jaycees, Golden Eagle Monogram Club, and one of the founders of the Sinking Valley Country Club. He is also one of the Team Ten members who formed the local entity to reopen the Westvaco plant in 2003. Harry has served as a board member of the Tyrone Area Chamber of Commerce, ABCD Corporation, and the Tyrone Area School District. He is also a member of the Selection Committee for the Blair County Sports Hall of Fame, TAHS Wrestling Hall of Fame, Monogram Club’s Hall of Fame, and the Notre Dame Alumni Association’s Fifty Year Club. Harry was the recipient of the 2004 Community Service Award presented by the Blair County Sports Hall of Fame, and nominated for the 2005 Distinguished Public Service Award by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants. In recognition of his long standing support of Tyrone sports programs, TASD was pleased to honor Harry by naming the new sports complex the “Harry K. Sickler, Jr. Athletic Park.”