Advisor:Tyrone Area Middle SchoolLS Teacher and Builder's Club Advisor(814) 684-4240 ext. 3205
Welcome to the Tyrone Builders Club website! Please check out the information below to find out more about this club. We hope you can join us! 😊
Builders Club is open to any middle school student in grades 5 or 6 and is associated with the Kiwanis Club of Northern Blair County. The focus of Builders Club is to improve the lives of those in our community and school district via service, fund-raising, and encouragement. Students who like to help others or are outward focus often find this club very enjoyable. Students can join this club at the beginning of each school year by signing up for and attending the first informational meeting or by contacting Mrs. Dale directly. Builders Club participants normally meet 1 to 2 times per month during advisory (homeroom) and are asked to attend some specially scheduled meetings after school for an hour, as needed, throughout the school year. Meeting schedules are typically distributed twice a year--toward the beginning of the school year and after the Christmas break. Interested students can look for posted signs and listen to announcements in school so they know when the meetings will be held.
In previous years, Builders Club has done the following. (Please note that this is not an exhaustive list!)
- Donate proceeds from fundraisers to help people in need of service dogs.
- Collect non-perishable foods for people in need and help support our local community Thanksgiving dinner.
- Sell candy canes before school leading up to the Christmas break.
- Go caroling at a local nursing home and distribute handmade cards and ornaments to the residents.
- Assist high school staff and students by selling flowers to raise money for two non-profit organizations.
- Motivate Tyrone’s student body with handmade signs and snacks during PSSA testing draws nearer.
- Gather and donate items for animals in shelters.
- Sell Lasagna dinner tickets for the Tyrone Kiwanis Club so this organization can provide scholarships for local students.
- Show appreciation to staff members.
If you or someone you know wants to join Builders Club, please let Mrs. Dale know by attending the first meeting in school or by contacting her via email at email@example.com or in person (room 3205).