Safe2Say Something is a youth violence prevention program run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. The program teaches youth and adults how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, from individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to “say something” BEFORE it is too late. With Safe2Say Something, it’s easy and confidential to report safety concerns to help prevent violence and tragedies.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an anonymous tip report through the Safe2SaySomething system
- Crisis center reviews, assesses and processes all submissions
- Crisis center sends all submissions to school administration and/or law enforcement for intervention
- If needed, crisis center may contact tipster anonymously through the app
Download the free app
How YOU Can Help a Friend with a Mental Health Concern
- Take it seriously. Act NOW.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk to your friend.
- Tell him/her why you are concerned and what specific behaviors you’ve noticed.
- Talk in a calm, nonjudgmental, and caring way.
- Listen, don’t lecture.
- Encourage your friend to seek help.
- Prepare for all possible reactions. You may need to ask other people to assist you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Offer support, understanding, and encouragement.
- Never keep talk of suicide a secret. Tell a trusted adult (school nurse, school counselor, teacher, coach, parent, etc.).
ATTENTION TYRONE AREA HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS:
Official high school transcripts are no longer sent through the high school guidance office. The high school has teamed with Parchment.com to send official transcript electronically to colleges and other post-secondary institutions.
Invitations to create an account with Parchment.com were sent to all students via their .tasd email accounts. Each student has been assigned a registration code that is included in the email invitation.
Click here to visit the Parchment.com homepage.
If you have questions, can’t find your email invitation or need a copy of your new registration code, please call or visit the high school guidance office.
March 12, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 31, 2021
April 2, 2021
April 3, 2021
April 4, 2021
April 5, 2021
April 22, 2021
7:00 PM Middle/High School Band Concert
April 23, 2021
May 9, 2021
2:00 PM High School Choral Concert