TYRONE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
GUEST VOLUNTEER PAPERWORK
The following paperwork is required for Guest Volunteers in the Tyrone Area School District. It is the volunteer’s responsibility to apply for clearances and submit all paperwork to the Principal’s Office for approval.
2. Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (under Act 24 of 2011 and Act 82 of 2012)
- Sign and return
3. Act 34 State Police Criminal Record Check (Free)
- Go to psp.pa.gov; click on Request a Criminal History Record
- Click on Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) Website
- Click on “New Record Check Volunteers Only”; the fee is waived for unpaid volunteers
- Enter your information and print out the record check, take a copy to the Principal’s Office
4. Act 151 Child Abuse History Clearance (Free)
- Visit compass.state.pa.us/cwis (Child Welfare Portal) click on Create Individual Account and enter the information to create your Individual Login. Login and follow the instructions. For purpose of clearance, select Volunteer. The fee is waived for unpaid volunteers.
- Applicants can receive their results via email and will be able to print their results from any computer. Once completed take a copy to the Principal’s Office
5. If a guest volunteer has not been a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous ten (10) year period, the guest volunteer must submit an Act 114 Federal Criminal History Record Check – information below:
Act 114 Federal Criminal History Record Check - New fingerprint vendor, IDEMIA
- You need to pre-register before being fingerprinted
- Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com
- Enter the Service Code 1KG6Y3 for PDE Volunteer
- Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment; complete the fields and click on Next until all registration pages are complete.
- When registering you have the option to schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints taken. Appointments are not required but are recommended.
- Payment is due at the time of fingerprinting, $21.35, which can be paid by money orders, cashier’s check, or major credit cards.
- Once fingerprinted, bring the IdentoGo Receipt to the Principal’s Office
- If you don’t have internet access call 1-844-321-2101 to pre-register
* Note: Clearances must be updated every five years.
Submit completed paperwork to the Principal’s Office where your child is enrolled. If you have any questions, please call (814)684-1342 (Elementary School), or (814)684-4240 (Middle/High School).