TAHS College & Career Events
The guidance office runs a number of events throughout the year to help students and families with the college and job application process.
College Field Trips (Juniors and Seniors Only) -
These take place during the school day and are free for students. Students must turn in a permission form to Ms. White in order to participate. Permission forms for fall field trips are due September 16th, 2019. See the links below to print permission forms or pick one up in the guidance office.
- Juniata College, Sep 26th (form due Sep 5th) -Juniata College Permission Form
- Lock Haven University, Oct 15th - Lock Haven University Permission Form
- Penn State Altoona, Oct 21 (date tentative) - PSU Altoona Permission Form
- Susquehanna University, Oct 24th - Susquehanna University Permission Form
- Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology, Nov 5th - CPI Permission Form
- University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown, Nov 13th (date tentative) UPJ Permission Form
College Rep Visits (Juniors and Seniors Only) -
Representatives from various colleges visit TAHS during the school day. Sign-ups will be available for students in the guidance office and a full calendar will be posted once school starts.
Financial Aid Information Night - Sep 12th
6pm-8pm in the High School Library
Information for parents of all grade-levels about college costs, financial aid, and scholarships.
FAFSA Completion Day - Oct 17th (Seniors Only)
Experts will be on hand to help families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Pennsylvania State Grant Application. These are the two most important forms for applying for financial aid for college. Contact Ms. White at email@example.com or (814) 684-4240 x3730 if you would like to set up an appointment.
Tyrone College & Career Expo - October 4th
Event during the school day for students to learn about colleges and careers. All students 9 through 12 attend.