BEGINNING BAND INFORMATION
To sign-up for 5th Grade band, fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/JVRA9y3h6Z2DAi7S8
If you have questions about any of the information below, don't hesitate to ask Mr. Hock through phone: 684-4240 ext3306 or email: email@example.com
5TH GRADE BAND - COMMITMENT & SIGN-UP
- Band in middle school is an assigned class and students who sign up for band will attend weekly lessons and rehearsals. Band lessons are in place of general music.
- Students are expected to commit to band and a single instrument for the entire school year.
- Students will be assigned a lesson group based on the instrument they choose. The earlier you decide on your instrument the better.
Each student will be required to have parent permission in order to join band. Parents may give permission via phone call or email to Mr. Hock.
What Instruments can I play?
You may choose one of the instruments below. All Instruments are equally fun and require the same amount of effort and practice time!
- Oboe, Clarinet
- F Horn/Mellophone
- Percussion - must learn both xylophone and drums
For an introduction to each band instrumnet, watch this YouTube video by the U.S. Army band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTeSjpDsIs
HOW DO I GET AN INSTRUMENT?
- The school has a very limited amount of instruments. Use of a school instrument is not guaranteed and parents should first pursue options to rent, buy, or use one you already own.
- School instruments are reserved only for those who cannot afford to rent or buy.
- School instruments have to be signed out and the student is responsible for any damages
- Percussionists will use the equipment at school, but need their own drum pad & sticks for home
- Tuba, baritone and trombone players can use school instruments at school due to transportation limitations, but will still need something to practice at home.
More information can be found in the downloadable PDF document at the top of this page. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Hock.