In order to earn a diploma from the Tyrone Area School District, students must complete/achieve the following objectives:
- Successful completion of 24 credits, with a minimum distribution in the following specified content areas:
Business Technology Electives (Choose One)
Business Procedures Marketing
Eagle Eye News
DE Introduction to Business
Video Production 1
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED
SENIORS MUST COMPLETE the required 24 CREDITS in order to participate in the Commencement program.
- Demonstration of proficiency on the Keystone Exams
- Satisfactory completion of Senior Career Exploration Project
- Adherence to the school district attendance policy as described in the Student Handbook.
- Community Service Requirement of 15 hours – Beginning with the Class of 2021.
- Students can start to accumulate community service hours upon completion of eighth grade. Activities in which students can participate include volunteering time to help others, youth coaching, volunteering with the elderly, helping a neighbor in need, giving blood, as well as numerous other activities not listed here.
- Any community service class or projects in which the student receives compensation, either monetary or a grading and credit, cannot be used toward the 15 hours requirement.
- For each activity, students need to complete a Community Service Form and return it to the high school counseling office. Forms can be obtained in the office or from the high school counseling webpage. The Community Service requirement must be fulfilled by May 1st of the senior year in order for the student to be eligible to participate in graduation ceremonies.