Track and Field Day
3rd grade – Wednesday, May 26, 2021
4th grade – Thursday, May 27, 2021
Tyrone Area Elementary School will be hosting 3rd and 4th grade track and field days.
Dress: Students should be dressed for a day outside. Check the weather so your student is prepared for conditions. Shorts and a t-shirt would be ideal. If it is cool, students may want to wear sweatshirts. Wear sneakers that support the foot.
Schedule: Events for the day will begin at 9:45AM and last until approximately 2:15 PM. Events that students can choose to participate in are the high jump, the standing broad jump, the running long jump, various running events, shot put, softball throw and tug of war.
- Students must pack a lunch. Please no soda or energy drinks. No glass bottles.
- Bring a water bottle to keep hydrated throughout the day.
- Students should bring a small blanket or beach towel to sit on and keep their belongings. We are asking that each student bring their own, and not share with others in order to help us keep everyone properly social distanced.
- Bring sunscreen.
- Students must follow the mask protocol for TASD when not participating in an event.
- We welcome parents to watch the events from the hill side. Due to safety reasons, we ask that parents do not come down onto the track when watching running events. During field events, parents may use the bleachers facing the jump pits, softball throw, and shot put area. Parents are required to follow TASD masking and social distancing protocols.
- Students will be dismissed as normal.
New Parent Pickup Location
Starting Thursday, February 18th, 2021, Kdg-4th grade students being picked up by an adult will be released through the preschool playground door, instead of the cafeteria lobby door. Parents should stand on the blacktop of the playground to pick up their child(ren). The Resource Officer will begin allowing the parents to enter the playground area at approximately 2:40 pm when recesses have concluded for the day. Approximate dismissal times of each grade level are as follows:
• Kindergarten- 2:45 pm
• First & Fourth Grade - 2:50 pm
• Second & Third Grade - 2:53 pm
This change will allow traffic in the parking lot adjacent to the playground to move in a safer, more efficient way and allows opportunities for families to better social distance while waiting for their child(ren).
Additional patrolling of parking lots by our Resource Officer will be in effect. For the safety of everyone, parents must park in a designated parking spot to avoid receiving a warning and/or parking ticket. Parent parking is available in the lot adjacent to the playground, in the lot adjacent to the tennis courts, and in the lot between the High School and Elementary School.