Pre-sale tickets for the boys and girls basketball play-offs can be purchased in the Athletic Office. Student Pre-sale tickets are $3.00. Adult Pre-sale are $6.00. All tickets at the gate are $6.00.
IMPACT testing for Spring Athletics will be held on February 22ndh, 25th and 26th at 2:55 p.m. in computer lab 108.
Preschool Programs for 2019-2020 School Year
K3 and K4 Preschool Registration will be held on March 6, 7, and 8, 2019 at the Tyrone Area Elementary School. Registration is by appointment only.
Children must turn 3 or 4 before September 1, 2019. These programs are grant funded and free to families that qualify. Children must reside in the Tyrone Area School District.
It is anticipated that there will be approximately 68 half day K3 spots, 36 half day K4 spots and 37 full day K4 spots.
Please stop in the Elementary Main Office to pick up an application or call 814-684-1342 ext. 2701.
SPRING SPORTS PHYSICALS
Athletic Physicals (for ALL SPRING SPORTS) will be performed in the TAHS Nurse’s Office by our school physician on Wednesday, February 6th starting at 9 am.
- Physical forms attached or you can find them on the school district website. Students must bring the completed/signed PIAA Physical Form Packet with them for the doctor to complete the examination. (Students will not be seen if the forms are not completed and signed by the parent/guardian)
- If a student participated in a FALL or WINTER sport in the 2018-2019 school year, they are only required to complete the below linked form:
- ALL PIAA PHYSICAL FORMS must be completed and turned in prior to March 4th to be added to a spring sports roster and/or to be permitted to practice.
SAFE SCHOOL HELPLINE
If you see something, say something! The Safe School Helpline is a convenient, confidential way for anyone to report information about situations that might affect safety at our school. You can call the number any time of the day or night to report concerns about unsafe or potentially disruptive activities or situations including drug or alcohol abuse, weapons, harassment, bullying or threats. All calls are completely confidential.
- 800-418-6423 (800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359)
- TEXT: 66746, TIPS
- Download the free app
How YOU Can Help a Friend with a Mental Health Concern
- Take it seriously. Act NOW.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk to your friend.
- Tell him/her why you are concerned and what specific behaviors you’ve noticed.
- Talk in a calm, nonjudgmental, and caring way.
- Listen, don’t lecture.
- Encourage your friend to seek help.
- Prepare for all possible reactions. You may need to ask other people to assist you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Offer support, understanding, and encouragement.
- Never keep talk of suicide a secret. Tell a trusted adult (school nurse, school counselor, teacher, coach, parent, etc.).
March 5, 2019
7:00 PM Board Work Session Meeting
March 12, 2019
7:00 PM Board Regular Session Meeting
March 15, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 20, 2019
3:30 PM Tennis - Varsity - Boys
March 25, 2019
4:30 PM Baseball - Junior Varsity - Boys
4:30 PM Baseball - Varsity - Boys
March 26, 2019
4:00 PM Track - Varsity - Coed
4:30 PM Softball - Varsity - Girls