Winter Sports Update:
Winter sports practices will resume today, January 4th. Competitions will start January 8th. Updated weekly schedules will be sent to coaches and posted on the Eagle Eye and school social media pages.
Spectator Information: (all subject to change)
HOME Basketball and Wrestling Events: Two spectators will be permitted for each roster player. Spectators will have temperature checks upon entering the building. Spectators will sit in the bleachers opposite of the competitors. Spectators must wear a mask and maintain social distancing at all times.
There will be no spectators permitted for swimming meets.
AWAY events will vary based on the opposing school.
Safe2Say Something is a youth violence prevention program run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. The program teaches youth and adults how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, from individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to “say something” BEFORE it is too late. With Safe2Say Something, it’s easy and confidential to report safety concerns to help prevent violence and tragedies.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an anonymous tip report through the Safe2SaySomething system
- Crisis center reviews, assesses and processes all submissions
- Crisis center sends all submissions to school administration and/or law enforcement for intervention
- If needed, crisis center may contact tipster anonymously through the app
- 1-800-SAFE2SAY (1-844-723-2729)
- Safe2Say website
- Download the free app
How YOU Can Help a Friend with a Mental Health Concern
- Take it seriously. Act NOW.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk to your friend.
- Tell him/her why you are concerned and what specific behaviors you’ve noticed.
- Talk in a calm, nonjudgmental, and caring way.
- Listen, don’t lecture.
- Encourage your friend to seek help.
- Prepare for all possible reactions. You may need to ask other people to assist you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Offer support, understanding, and encouragement.
- Never keep talk of suicide a secret. Tell a trusted adult (school nurse, school counselor, teacher, coach, parent, etc.).
4:00 PM Basketball - 8th - Girls
5:00 PM Basketball - Junior High - Girls
4:00 PM Basketball - 8th - Boys
4:00 PM Basketball - Junior High - Girls
5:00 PM Basketball - Junior High - Boys
7:30 PM Basketball - Varsity - Boys
7:30 PM Basketball - Varsity - Girls