Tyrone Area Elementary School School-wide Title 1 Program
Our District reading curriculum is supported and supplemented by the Title 1 program in assessment, instruction, data-collection, and score reporting. Everyone works together to support the achievement of our students. It is truly a "School-wide" effort. All students benefit from the program.What is Title 1?
Title 1 is the nation's largest federal assistance program for schools.Title 1 provides :
It helps teachers, students, & parents.
- funds to support programs to help children who need extra help in reading.
- extra help in addition to what the children learn during reading in the classroom.
- funding under No Child Left Behind
- support for families through parent and family engagement events and activities.
The program can help…
- students do better in school and feel better about themselves.
- teachers understand the needs and concerns of students and parents.
- parents understand their child and be involved in their child’s education.
Federal Goals of Title 1 Reading:
- Provide millions of children with the help they need to be successful in school.
- Direct school districts in establishing assessments, benchmarks, and moving the students to proficiency.
- Direct the Title 1 resources toward students who need assistance in meeting district goals. (Students are identified for the program based on performance on assessments.)
- Instruct students in meeting state standards in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Prepare students in meeting state assessment.
- Provide services at a public school, private school or parochial school.
The Title 1 Program Offers…
- Smaller classes and smaller instructional groups.
- Additional teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Additional training for school staff.
- Extra time for instruction.