Attention TAHS seniors and their parents:
The deadline to submit senior photos for the 2020 yearbook is December 3, 2019. The yearbook needs a senior portrait and a baby/child photo from each senior. Seniors who do not have senior portraits can get one taken free of charge at the school on November 5 (picture retake day).
Sales for senior yearbook dedication ads are also open. The deadline to guarantee ad space in the yearbook and to avoid a $10 late fee is also December 3, 2019.
To submit photos electronically or to find about more, visit the TAHS Yearbook page. An info packet was also given to and mailed home to all seniors on Friday.
Safe2Say Something is a youth violence prevention program run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. The program teaches youth and adults how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, from individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to “say something” BEFORE it is too late. With Safe2Say Something, it’s easy and confidential to report safety concerns to help prevent violence and tragedies.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit an anonymous tip report through the Safe2SaySomething system
- Crisis center reviews, assesses and processes all submissions
- Crisis center sends all submissions to school administration and/or law enforcement for intervention
- If needed, crisis center may contact tipster anonymously through the app
Download the free app
How YOU Can Help a Friend with a Mental Health Concern
- Take it seriously. Act NOW.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk to your friend.
- Tell him/her why you are concerned and what specific behaviors you’ve noticed.
- Talk in a calm, nonjudgmental, and caring way.
- Listen, don’t lecture.
- Encourage your friend to seek help.
- Prepare for all possible reactions. You may need to ask other people to assist you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Offer support, understanding, and encouragement.
- Never keep talk of suicide a secret. Tell a trusted adult (school nurse, school counselor, teacher, coach, parent, etc.).
ATTENTION TYRONE AREA HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS:
Official high school transcripts are no longer sent through the high school guidance office. The high school has teamed with Parchment.com to send official transcript electronically to colleges and other post-secondary institutions.
Invitations to create an account with Parchment.com were sent to all students via their .tasd email accounts. Each student has been assigned a registration code that is included in the email invitation.
Click here to visit the Parchment.com homepage.
If you have questions, can’t find your email invitation or need a copy of your new registration code, please call or visit the high school guidance office.
7:00 PM Band Concert - MS/HS
November 27, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 29, 2019
November 30, 2019
December 1, 2019
December 2, 2019
December 4, 2019
December 5, 2019
December 6, 2019
December 10, 2019
December 11, 2019
December 12, 2019
December 15, 2019
2:00 PM Choral Concert - High School
December 16, 2019
7:00 PM Holiday Jazz Concert