How YOU Can Help a Friend with a Mental Health Concern
- Take it seriously. Act NOW.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk to your friend.
- Tell him/her why you are concerned and what specific behaviors you’ve noticed.
- Talk in a calm, nonjudgmental, and caring way.
- Listen, don’t lecture.
- Encourage your friend to seek help.
- Prepare for all possible reactions. You may need to ask other people to assist you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Offer support, understanding, and encouragement.
- Never keep talk of suicide a secret. Tell a trusted adult (school nurse, school counselor, teacher, coach, parent, etc.).
Public Walking will begin Monday, November 13th
- 7-9pm Monday thru Thursday (when school is in session)
- Doors will be unlocked from 7-7:15pm to be permitted into the building.
- Children MUST be supervised and accompanied by a parent/guardian.
12:00 PM Basketball - Junior High - Girls
3:30 PM Basketball - Varsity - Girls
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM Snowball Dance
4:30 PM Swimming - Varsity - Coed
7:30 PM Basketball - Varsity - Boys
4:00 PM Basketball - Junior High - Girls
5:30 PM Wrestling - Junior High - Boys