SAFE SCHOOL HELPLINE
If you see something, say something! The Safe School Helpline is a convenient, confidential way for anyone to report information about situations that might affect safety at our school. You can call the number any time of the day or night to report concerns about unsafe or potentially disruptive activities or situations including drug or alcohol abuse, weapons, harassment, bullying or threats. All calls are completely confidential.
- 800-418-6423 (800-4-1-VOICE ext. 359)
- TEXT: 66746, TIPS
- Download the free app
In light of the tragic events in Florida yesterday, we wanted to share this information with you as a resource for talking with your children about school violence. As adults, incidents such as these are difficult to process and can entice fear in all of us. Our students, with varying levels of cognitive development, have an even more difficult time processing these traumatic events. We need to continue to reassure children they are safe and take time to address their concerns if and when they arise.
If you are concerned about your child, please contact a school counselor, social worker, or school psychologist for more support.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
― Fred Rogers
How YOU Can Help a Friend with a Mental Health Concern
- Take it seriously. Act NOW.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk to your friend.
- Tell him/her why you are concerned and what specific behaviors you’ve noticed.
- Talk in a calm, nonjudgmental, and caring way.
- Listen, don’t lecture.
- Encourage your friend to seek help.
- Prepare for all possible reactions. You may need to ask other people to assist you.
- Take care of yourself.
- Offer support, understanding, and encouragement.
- Never keep talk of suicide a secret. Tell a trusted adult (school nurse, school counselor, teacher, coach, parent, etc.).
6:00 PM Football - Varsity - Boys
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Grade 1 Meet the Teacher Night
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Grade 2 Meet the Teacher Night
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Grade 3 Meet the Teacher Night
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Grade 4 Meet the Teacher Night
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM High School Meet the Teacher Night
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Middle School Meet the Teacher Night (pick one of two sessions)
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Middle School Meet the Teacher Night (pick one of two sessions)
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Kindergarten Orientation
3:30 PM Tennis - Varsity - Girls