Tyrone Area School District
701 Clay Avenue Tyrone, PA 16686
Phone: 814-684-0710 FAX: 814-684-8408
Tyrone Area Elementary School
Schoolwide Title 1 Program
The district reading curriculum is supported and supplemented by the Title 1 program in
assessment, instruction, data-collection, and score reporting. Everyone works together to support the achievement of our students. It is truly a "Schoolwide" effort.
All students benefit from the program.
Throughout this web page you will find links to valuable information to support our students. Just click on any underlined text to find these links. For example, click on the words "Summer Reading 2013 " to find great resources to use this summer!
What is Title 1?
Title 1 is the nation's largest federal assistance program for schools.
Title 1 provides :
It helps teachers, students, & parents.
The program can help…
Federal Goals of Title 1 Reading:
What is the Title 1 Curriculum?
The Title 1 program at Tyrone Area Elementary School is school-wide. This means that
The 7 School District Goals of Title 1 Reading:
1. To assist students in attaining the academic state standards outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) and mandated by the “No Child Left Behind” (NCLB) federal legislation.
2. To assist students in meeting state standards in reading, writing, speaking, and listening on the PSSA.
3. To provide students with systematic and structured skills instruction.
4. To assist students in developing study skills and independent work habits.
5. To help students develop and interest in reading.
6. To help students develop higher order thinking skills.
7. To encourage parent involvement.
The Title 1 Program Offers…